Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Like a Movie Star

I feel like a movie star now :) We shoot a video for the openlab Summer Student program today. Each of us was interviewed in the morning. It was pretty fun. I had to introduce myself, describe my project at CERN, what I liked about the openlab in general, and what I would advise students who would want to apply in the future.

The whole interview could be five minutes long but it took ages, because there was so much noise around that I had to introduce myself seven times. I was a little nervous in the beginning, but after five attempts I was amused and relaxed and felt really good about the rest of the talk. 

The shooting continued in the afternoon, when we took videos in the data center. No more talking involved, you can hardly hear somebody talking in there anyway. The cooling is too noisy. Nitin and I were asked to just "naturally" walk around and pretend to check the racks :) It was so interesting to see how the communications team who took the video thought about the space and how they designed everything.

The girls were also so nice! They told me how good an actress I am :) At least when I don't speak and just walk around. But I thought it was easy and it's maybe even more difficult. You have nothing else to think about... So I was adding numbers in my head to keep myself busy. I am not sure if this what the actual actors do though.

The openlab video will be ready maybe in October, so I will put a link to it later. But I would really love to make a short video with only the embarrassing and funny moments from the shooting. It would be a nice memory for all of us I think. A great experience again. I'm so happy to be here. Maybe I should stop being so positive all the time.

Video shooting in the CERN data center

No comments:

Post a Comment